Metro
Police Rescue 4 abducted Niger State victims 3 months after

Niger State police command says it has successfully rescued 4 victims abducted from Munya local government area 3 months after their abduction.
Their abduction occurred on February 20 around 10pm, when suspected kidnappers attacked Hayin-Dogo and Dangunu villages of Sarkin-Pawa, Munya Local Government Area where 5 victims were abducted, but one was released after two days.
Since then, the joint security team has been mounting pressure through different clearance and rescue operations to rescue the victims.
Confirming their rescue, spokesman of the police, Superintendent Wasi’u Abiodun, said on May 22 at about noon, the victims, a lady and 3 males, escaped from their abductors due to the sustained pressure from the security team.
Abiodun added that following the development, the victims were taken to hospital for medical attention and have all been reunited with their families.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Adamu Elleman, has commended the joint security efforts in achieving this feat and reassured members of the public that the safety of lives and property shall continue to be the priority of the Police and other security agencies in the State.
###
-
World News18 hours ago
Tragedy as Gunman opens fire on School Children in Minneapolis
-
National News18 hours ago
Tinubu pledges to position Nigeria at the forefront of Africa’s progress
-
Entertainment18 hours ago
Burna Boy, Davido lead AFRIMA 2025 nominees as African stars shine globally
-
National News18 hours ago
Tinubu returns to Abuja after diplomatic visits to Japan, Brazil
-
National News9 hours ago
Shettima chairs NEC as council hails Polio reduction
-
National News13 hours ago
JUST-IN: Nigeria Immigration Service raises Passport fees
-
News9 hours ago
ASUU Lagos Zone demands living wage, warns of possible strike
-
World News9 hours ago
Prince Harry’s UK visit sparks fresh speculation amid strained Royal ties