National News
Troops capture notorious kidnapper, recover arms in Kaduna Operation

Troops from Operation Safe Haven conducted a series of operations in Plateau and Kaduna states, focusing on combating kidnapping and arms trafficking.
On March 12, they neutralized two kidnappers in Jos South Local Government Area, recovering ammunition and conducting further operations to intercept fleeing suspects.
Additionally, on March 11, a sting operation in Garaje Community, Jema’a LGA, Kaduna, led to the arrest of Blessed Paul, a 22-year-old notorious kidnapper and gunrunner.
Paul was lured back from Abuja with a promise of buying an AK-47 rifle and was apprehended with an AK-47 rifle, magazine, and ammunition.
Two female hostages were also rescued in Bokkos LGA. These operations highlight the military’s efforts to curb criminal activities in the region.
Maj. Samson Zhakom, the Media Officer of OPSH disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Jos.
Zhakom said that the feats followed an operation conducted by combined troops of OPSH and 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, Rukuba, near Jos.
Troops of 3 division and OPSH have neutralised two kidnappers and nabbed suspected gunrunners and recovered arms and ammunition in Plateau and Kaduna state.
“On March 12, troops conducted offensive operations to clear criminal elements hibernating around Kuru and Turu in Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau.
“During the operation, troops neutralised two of the criminals who were in possession of 18 rounds of 7.62 mm (Special) and nine rounds of 5.56 x 45 mm ammunition.
“On the same day, following credible intelligence on the movement of arms and ammunition, troops mounted snap checkpoints along Bokkos – Bot – Mangu road.
“During the operation, troops intercepted a notorious gunrunner with one AK-47 magazine and 48 rounds of 7.62 mm (Special) ammunition.
“The suspect and recovered items are in custody for investigation; they are also making useful confessions to assist troops in further operations to arrest other members of the criminal syndicate,”he said.
Zhakom said that the two kidnapped victims, both females, were rescued at Josho community of Daffo district of Bokkos Local Government Area.
According to him, the suspected kidnapper and gunrunner was arrested in Abuja, having escaped several attempts to be arrested within his area of residence
In a related development, on March 11, troops conducted a sting operation to arrest a notorious kidnapper and gunrunner identified as Mr Blessed Paul, 22, at Garaje Community in Jema’a LGA of Kaduna state.
The suspect, who has been on the wanted list of security agencies for kidnapping and gunrunning activities, had earlier evaded arrest and escaped to Abuja.
“However, however, he was lured with the promise of purchasing one AK-47 rifle for N1.5 million.
“The suspected gunrunner agreed and met troops who posed as potential buyers at the selected spot in Garaje community where he was rounded up” he added
-
News2 days ago
Uromi Killings: DSP Barau Jibrin donates N16M to families of North Hunters
-
Sports1 day ago
Jose Mourinho accused Of nose grabbing Galatasaray boss Okan Buruk (Photos)
-
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Edo Tribunal affirms Okpebholo’s Election, dismisses PDP’s Petition
-
Business2 days ago
Trump imposes 14% Tariff on Nigerian Goods as ‘Liberation Day’ Trade Policy takes effect
-
News1 day ago
Edo Election Tribunal Verdict: Ighodalo heads to Appeal Court
-
National News1 day ago
Nigeria unveils largest indigenous attack drones, bombs in Africa
-
Sports1 day ago
UK confirmed as host for 2035 Women’s World Cup
-
News2 days ago
Nigeria, UNIDO Partner to Boost Industrial Growth