Entertainment
‘We Don’t Want To See You In Edo Again’ — Okpebholo’s Aide Warns Davido
Afrobeats singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has been warned against performing in Edo State for the remainder of Governor Monday Okpebholo’s administration amid an ongoing public disagreement between the singer and the governor.
The warning was issued by Apostle Kassy Chukwu, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Okpebholo on Digital Media, in a video shared by Peniel TV International, Benin City.
Chukwu claimed that Davido had been banned from performing in the state and warned against returning to Edo for musical engagements.
“You have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” Chukwu said.
The governor’s aide further claimed that some youths in the state were angry over Davido’s comments about Okpebholo and warned that the singer might receive an unfriendly reception if he returned.
“Edo youths are angry. They said if they catch you again, nobody should bring Davido to come and perform in any place again in Edo State,” he said.
How the dispute started
The latest development is linked to the disagreement between Davido and Governor Okpebholo, which emerged during the build-up to the August 15 governorship election in Osun State.
Okpebholo had criticised Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, who is Davido’s uncle, while campaigning in the state.
Davido subsequently shared what appeared to be the governor’s West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) result on his Instagram Story.
The singer later defended the decision in an interview, insisting that he had no reason to apologise for sharing the academic record.
“I’m not going to apologise. I didn’t do anything wrong. I was just telling people of the state the results their governor has,” Davido said.
Davido also criticised Okpebholo for travelling from Edo State to campaign in Osun and questioned the governor’s electoral mandate.
Chukwu’s comments have consequently added a new dimension to the dispute, with the governor’s aide publicly warning the singer against performing in Edo State.
However, the statement by the aide does not, by itself, establish that a formal state government ban has been issued against Davido.
-
News2 days agoAdeleke receives Certificate of Return, announces N500m fund for Osun election violence victims
-
FCT News2 days agoWike Orders Immediate Closure of Illegal Car Lots on Abuja Green Areas
-
News2 days agoGun battle erupts as hoodlums clash with Adeleke’s security team in Osogbo
-
National News2 days agoReps Minority caucus mobilise opposition to present common candidate for 2027 election
-
Entertainment2 days agoBREAKING: Davido Was Target of Gun Attack on Adeleke’s Convoy — Osun Police
-
News2 days agoBille gas crisis deepens as CSOs, residents demand emergency response
-
National News2 days agoTinubu appoints Abel Enitan new Head of Civil Service
-
News1 day agoDSS Arrests Suspected Impersonator Wearing Fake Tactical Uniform in Abuja






