News
Abuja businessman allegedly stabbed to death by NYSC son after heated argument
A 53-year-old businessman, Mr. Adimike Godwin, has allegedly been killed by his son, said to be a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), following a heated argument at their residence in the Guzape area of Abuja.
Sources said the tragic incident occurred on Friday night and has thrown members of the business community into mourning.
A source within the Electrical Dealers Association of Nigeria (EDAN) described the deceased as a prominent electrical dealer and respected member of the union.
According to the source, Godwin owned properties in Lekki, Lagos, as well as Guzape and Maitama in Abuja, and frequently travelled between both cities for business activities.
The source alleged that the deceased was stabbed three times by his son after an argument reportedly broke out over money and management of family business interests.
“We received news that one of our members, one of the big boys in the market, was involved in a tragic incident. He is an importer, a major dealer and also involved in real estate,” the source said.
He explained that Godwin had travelled to Abuja to visit his first son, who was serving in the capital city and helping to manage some of his father’s real estate businesses.
According to him, the son had reportedly returned from a club before confronting his father over financial issues, comparing his treatment to that of his friends whose parents allegedly bought cars for them.
“Apparently, a heated argument ensued after the son confronted his father about being unfair with money. Following the confrontation and argument over mismanagement of business funds, the son allegedly stabbed his father three times in different parts of the body,” the source added.
He further disclosed that the suspect is currently in police custody, while the wife of the deceased has also been invited for questioning.
The union member said EDAN had moved swiftly to secure the deceased’s shops and warehouses to prevent looting or disappearance of goods.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, SP Josephine Adeh, said the police commenced investigation after receiving a distress call from concerned persons who could not reach the deceased.
“The FCT Police Command is investigating the death of Mr. Adimike Godwin of Guzape, which was discovered following a distress call,” she said.
“On arrival, the police found the injured victim in a pool of his own blood. He was confirmed dead by doctors on duty at Karu General Hospital.”
Adeh added that five suspects, including a relative of the deceased, had been taken into custody as part of ongoing investigations ordered by the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Muhammed Sanusi.
She urged members of the public to remain calm and provide any useful information that could assist the investigation.
-
News1 day agoJury begins deliberation in Diezani Alison-Madueke’s London bribery trial
-
News2 days agoUS, Nigeria launch fresh joint airstrikes on ISIS in Northeast Nigeria
-
National News1 day agoTinubu condemns killing of abducted Oyo Teacher, orders fresh rescue push
-
Business2 days ago63.3% of Nigerians want interest rate cuts — CBN Survey
-
Metro2 days agoAnxiety as gunmen behead kidnapped Oyo teacher
-
Sports2 days agoOsimhen misses out as Onuachu tops Turkish scoring charts
-
News2 days agoCourt grants El-Rufai N100m bail in alleged national security breach case
-
News15 hours agoNDC appoints Sam Egwu to head 17-Member screening committee for 2027 aspirants








